In 2019, the Bahrain Sports Deaf Association was established by a decision issued by HH Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, to supervise the category of people with a hearing-impaired disorder and to nurture and develop them in the field of sports. The Association aims to support athletes, sports training, competitions and activities locally and internationally.
Athletes who are able to perform in different hearing-impaired categories (deaf) and benefit from the association programs in addition to a large number of families of People with Impairments in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Support and develop hearing-impaired sports and enable hearing-impaired athletes to participate in competitive sports.
- Participate in local, regional and international competitions.
- Provide an opportunity for the hearing-impaired athletes to integrate with others in the community.
- Refinement and development of skills for the hearing-impaired.
- Nurturing relationships with deaf associations and other associations of relevancy.
A review of the law of associations, social and cultural clubs, private bodies working in the field of youth and sports, and private institutions issued by Legislative Decree No. 21 in 1989 and its amendments was conducted. Following the regulations of the Bahrain Olympic Committee and the unified regulations of all Sports Federations as well as the recommendations made by the Secretary-General, the following decision was made:
The Board of Directors for the Bahrain Sports Deaf Association was formed under the chairmanship of Mr. Basem Mirza Almuathen and the membership of the following:
Board of Directors
|1||Khalid Mohamed Hasan Alhasan|
|2||Jassim Hasan Ebrahim Jassim Mubarak|
|3||Ghanim Yousif Ghanim Alsanad|
|4||Ahmad Jameel Baqer Ebrahim Baqer|
|5||Abeer Ali Hasan Saloom|
|6||Mahmood Abbas Ahmed Yusuf|
|7||Sayed Hussain Hashim Kadhim Hashim|